This member of the Amaryllidaceae
family was given this name by John Gilbert Baker in 1888. It is found in
Eastern Cape, South Africa, growing on the sandy plains with little
to some water and lots of sun. The bulb can grow to three or four
centimetres, the curly leaves to ten centimetres, and the white
flower up to fifteen centimetres height.