This member of the Geraniaceae
family was given this name by Ernst Gottlieb von Steudel in 1841. It
is found in South Africa, around Port Elizabeth, growing in a well
drained soil with some water and some to lots of sun. It is a small
plant, not more than ten centimetres and the almost hidden caudex
can grow to two and a half centimetre in diameter. The flowers are
white with tiny dark purple stripes.