The stone has, as
long as it has been known, been in
Alsted Church. At Worms time was the
bricked-in to the porch. It was first
mentioned in 1643.
Found: Alsted Kirke,
Alstedvej 30, 4173 Fjenneslev
Present location: Alsted Kirke,
Alstedvej 30, 4173 Fjenneslev, within
The stone is
granite and 143 centimetres high and 75
centimetres wide. It was made around
1000 to 1050.
"Ǣskæll satti s[t]ēna þessi æftiR
Ǿstēn ok FlīR, brōður sinn, sun Ǿstē[n]s,
Translated: Áskell placed these
stones in memory of Eysteinn and (in
memory of) Flir Chiff-banner/Good-sword,
his (Áskell's) brother, Eysteinn's son.