This runestone found
in Rønninge on Fyn in 1627. Skonvig
found the stone here "at a stone bridge"
to which the accordantly to legends had
to be moved from "a mount of rocks".
Later, it disappeared shortly before the
war with Sweden. In 1658, after the
king's had order the stone sent to
Copenhagen, the outbreak of war meant
the stone only reached Kerteminde, where
it was used, but recovered in 1852 in
Kerteminde during the demolition of a
house in whose because it had been
embedded. It was once more used as the
foundation of another building from
which, however, it was removed and
placed in the old cemetery in Kerteminde
in 1949. Now it stands in Rønninge
times, first near Rønninge.
Rønninge Bygade 10,5550 Langeskov.
The stone is granite, measuring
104 centimetres in height, 62
centimetres wide and 63 centimetres
thick. It was originally carved around
900 to 950.
"Sōti satti stæin þannsi æft Æilæif,
brōður sinn, sun Āsgauts Rauðumskialda"
Translated: Sóti placed this
stone in memory of Eileifr, his brother,
Ásgautr Red-shield's son (or son of
Asgautr with the red birthmark).