This fragment sat on
Worms time in Sandby church as a corner
plot stone in the ship's southeast
corner with the lower part upwards, so
only 3-4 runes were visible. The stone
was taken out in 1931, but the first
mention of it dates back to 1643.
13, 4171 Glumsø
13, 4171 Glumsø in the cemetery.
The stone is granite, and it is
110 centimetres high, 65 centimetres wide
and 38 centimetres thick. The
inscription was made somewhere
in-between 970 and 1020.
"Ǣskæll satti st[ēn]/st[ēna] [þ]æssi/þāsi
at Tōfa [b]rōð[u]r sinn ... §B æn Krōkr(?)
Translated: Áskell placed this
stone (or: these stones) in memory of
Tófi, his brother ... And Krókr(?) ...
The Sandby Stone
number 1 is only known from Worm's drawings, as
it have gone missing. It was found
within the same church, and was
inscribed: "... sun Sōta ... ... æft
Þōrð, brōður ..." which could be: ...
Sóti's son ... in memory of Þórðr,
Worm found it the same year, and it
dates back to the same period. It was
around 102 centimetres high, 32
centimetres wide and 32 centimetres